Home » News » Excellent Opportunity for EHS Students
Excellent Opportunity for EHS Students
February 7, 2019, 8:40am By Main Office
Each year the Longmont St.Vrain Rotary Club extends an invitation to SVVSD high school students to apply for a unique educational leadership experience. The club would like to sponsor a student interested in attending the WorldAffairsSeminar2019 on The Promise And Perils Of Social Media. The 2019 World Affairs Seminar is Saturday, June 22 – Friday, June 28th at Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisconsin. This seminar is for students who fit the following criteria:
- Students must be between the ages of 16-18.
- Must have completed their sophomore, junior, or senior year in high school.
- Are in good academic standing.
- Have an interest in global issues and building a strong portfolio for college and future careers.
- Can be endorsed by a school official as a student in good academic standing, with integrity, maturity and a sincere desire to participate in the unique educational opportunity.
They would like students that are interested to complete the application and write a short essay expressing their interest and how they feel they could benefit from attending the 2019WorldAffairsSeminar. They would also request that the student(s) awarded a scholarship give a presentation detailing their experience to our rotary group upon their return. All applications and essays should be returned to the Longmont St. Vrain Rotary Club by March 15, 2019to allow time to process and select a candidate. (Airfare to and from Wisconsin, lodging and meals are included with this Rotary sponsorship. This amazing opportunity has been described by many past participants as a "life changing experience" so we would like to reach as many deserving students as possible.
Please view all seminar details and the application in the link below: