Dear Erie High and Soaring Heights Communities,
Thank you for your patience and support over the past several months as we continue to request information from the Town of Erie regarding their construction project on County Road 5. We were assured that we would have full access to County Road 5 and all school entrance points by the start of the school year, however earlier this week, we were informed by the Town of Erie that construction has been delayed.
To date we have been given no definitive answer regarding the conclusion of this project, however we will work diligently to support our students, families, and staff in navigating this unfortunate situation. At this time, we will do not expect to have access to the south entrance of Erie High School and have made the following adjustments to traffic flows in and out of the schools:
Soaring Heights PK-8
- Families can continue to access the parking lot and the hug and go lane at the school’s main north entrance, located at the intersection of County Road Drive and Flora View Drive. When exiting the school, traffic will only be permitted to go straight on Flora View or turn right and exit north on County Road 5.
- Buses will be routed through the south parking lot using the access road entrance between Soaring Heights and Erie High School.
Erie High School
- Access for both the parking lot and the parent drop off lane will be through the access road between Soaring Heights PK-8 and Erie High School. This will be a one-way route behind the school that loops to the front of the school and exits through the intersection of County Road 5 and Colliers Parkway.
- Exiting from the high school parking lot will only be permitted at County Road 5 and Colliers Parkway.
- There will be no change to the bus access at the school. Buses will be routed through the loop at the north end of the high school and will be accessed through the access road entrance between Soaring Heights and Erie High School.
Please click here for a map of the traffic flow changes for the start of the school year. We will continue to request information from the Town of Erie and share that information with you accordingly. In the meantime, we are excited and looking forward to welcoming everyone for the start of the 2022-2023 school year. If you have any questions or need additional support, please feel free to contact your student’s school office.
St. Vrain Valley Schools