Parent, guardian, and family engagement is important in supporting the success of Erie High students. Accordingly, there are many ways for our families to get involved.
At Erie High School we welcome volunteers in our building to support our students and staff. All volunteers who work at EHS need to serve and adhere to the volunteer policy outlined by the SVVSD Board of Education Policy IJOC. All volunteers will be supervised by a sponsoring staff member and adhere to SVVSD policies at all times. Prior to volunteering, all applicants must complete an application form, which includes personal and emergency contact information.
When a group or business applies to volunteer at Erie High School, they will be asked to provide a clear academic purpose for volunteering during a meeting with the administration. Groups and businesses may not market or advertise their organization in any way while volunteering at EHS.
Occasionally concerns and/or grievances may arise in the course of a volunteer performing duties. Concerns will be brought to the supervising staff member and then to administration to determine what action should be taken, and/or if this individual or group will be allowed to continue to volunteer.
If you would like to volunteer, please read this disclaimer and complete the application below. I do hereby give the St. Vrain Valley School District assurance that I will comply with the following:
As a volunteer…
- I will be professional and dependable in my volunteer activities,
- I will comply with applicable laws, district policies, regulations and school rules,
- I will not be asked to perform services that allow access to students’ personal or educational information,
- I will be under the supervision of a licensed staff member,
- Unless otherwise approved, I will not provide transportation to students in my personal vehicle, and
- I understand that any time prior to and during my volunteer service, St. Vrain Valley School District reserves the right to complete a background investigation.