Each year the Education Foundation for the St. Vrain Valley recognizes exceptional teachers for their excellent work. The recipients of this recognition are nominated by the community members they work with. Erie High School has a strong history of providing more nominations than any other school in the district. Let’s keep that tradition going, especially in this very difficult school year to recognize the extraordinary efforts of our teachers! Students, parents, and community members are asked to nominate excellent teachers based on the following criteria:
Exemplary St. Vrain Valley Schools Teachers of the Year embody the following 5 characteristics:
- Innovator – Frequently and appropriately challenges “accepted but outdated” methodologies with new approaches
- Goal-Setter – Sets and maintains high standards for learning regardless of class/student knowledge
- Motivator – Demonstrates a real love of teaching in almost every lesson
- Subject Matter Expert – Understands and conveys the material taught
- Life Connector – Utilizes real-world examples/current topics in the classroom to emphasize the lesson’s importance
In order to qualify as a nominee, the teacher must be a licensed educator in the State of Colorado and employed through St. Vrain Valley Schools for the current school year. If a teacher won the Teacher of the Year honor for their school the previous year they are not eligible. Click Here to see the 2020 winners. All St. Vrain Valley Schools are eligible for these awards! All nominations must be received electronically no later than Wednesday, February 10, 2021. More information may be found here.