Erie High School offers many opportunities for students to receive additional academic support, including after-school clubs and tutoring hours. Additional academic support programs will also be launching for the 2021-2022 school year. Please contact the office for additional information at 303-828-4213.
Longmont Public Library Tutoring
- If a student grades 1st-12th needs help with any class they offer free tutoring every Wednesday evening from 5:30-7:30. Just show up!
- If a student is interested in getting volunteer hours and being a tutor for them they can email Elektra Greer to set up a time to talk to her about tutoring with them. Her email address is: [email protected]
Department-Specific Resources and Links
- Regents Exam Prep Center – A NY High School Test Prep site for math, science & history
- Math Bits – Live long and love math
- WolframAlpha – A fundamentally new way to get knowledge and answers
- Education Portal – College Algebra – Very useful college level algebra video series
- Desmos – Free online graphing calculator (iPad app available)
- Khan Academy – 4,500 videos on everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and hundreds of skills to practice.
- Algebra Review – Offers 10 comprehensive tutorials on radicals and exponents, solving equations and inequalities, functions and first degree curves, and more.
- Cool Math – Algebra 1 students. This site has games, lessons, and resources for solving equations, graphing, etc.
- SOS Mathematics – A free resource for math review material from Algebra to Differential Equations.
- Ask Dr. Math – a question and answer service for math students and their teachers. A searchable archive is available by level and topic.
- Shmoop.com – St. Vrain pays for a subscription for this site. There are resources for SAT and ACT prep, as well as AP tests and all of the standard math courses as well (e.g. Algebra II, etc.). Magic word: ELUCIDATE
- The Online Writing Lab (OWL)– The Online Writing Lab at Purdue University is a great resource for students.
- EasyBib – The Automatic Bibliography and Citation Generator
- Turnitin – Turnitin improves the student writing cycle by preventing plagiarism and providing rich feedback to students.
- AP Central – The official AP College Board website. Excellent resources for AP classes.
- What Should I Read Next? – Enter a book you like and the site will analyse our huge database of real readers’ favorite books to provide book recommendations and suggestions for what to read next.
Social Studies Resources
- CIA World Factbook – The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- BBC Online – The British Broadcasting Corporation
- New York Times
- I Like to Learn
- Conjuguemos – The site stores a large amount of practice activities, with more exercises added during the year by our users.
- Study Spanish – If you want to learn to speak Spanish, you’ve come to the right place.
- Spanish Language and Culture
- Word Reference – for Translations
- quizlet.com – you can use this site to make your own flashcards or see flashcard sets that others have made
- TV5MONDE – the world’s French-language channel.
- Phosphore – French magazine
- Francais Interactif – French grammar and vocabulary resources
- Youtube – Many short animations and explanations already exist on YouTube. Just google the topic in and choose!
- Conjuguemos – The site stores a large amount of practice activities, with more exercises added during the year by users.
- French 1 and 2 Resources – http://www.glencoe.com/sec/worldlanguages/ – Traditional levels
- French 1, 2 & 3 Resources – http://fr.maryglasgowplus.com/ – Traditional, Pre-IB and IB
- Quizlet – http://quizlet.com/- you can use this site to make your own flashcards or see flashcard sets that others have made
All Science Subjects
- Upperclassmen Tutoring – TBD
- PHET Interactive Simulations– Free online Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Earth Science simulations.
- Khan Academy
- Bozeman Biology
- Tyler Dewitt – You Tube – Chemistry
- Bozeman Chemistry
Earth Systems/Environmental Science
- www.dlese.org – for Earth Systems Science
- Bozeman Earth and Environmental Science
- Many families have located excellent college-age tutors by posting jobs on http://www.colorado.edu/studentemployment/post-job
- Kumon Learning Center: Multiple locations including Erie, CO
- Tutoring Excellence: Longmont, CO
- Just 2 Tutoring: Boulder, CO
- Teachers Who Tutor: Erie, CO, [email protected]
- Stride Learning: Broomfield, CO
- Peak Performance Tutoring, 303-877-0201, [email protected]
- Kori Seehafer (Former teacher and math tutor)– Tutoring via Zoom during COVID-19, 303-717-9076, [email protected]