This year, through a special opportunity from Apple, our students will be trading in their iPads for the latest version equipped with a special new case which contains a keyboard. As you can imagine, exchanging these iPads will be a big task to carry out during the last month of school. iPads for 9th and 10th graders at EHS will be swapping in their old iPad for a new one during their Study Hall class over the next two weeks May 3rd through May 13th. Juniors will be swapping their iPads on Friday, May 7th and Seniors will turn their iPads in for good on May 14th. LaunchEd and Virtual students will swap their iPads on Friday, May 21st. Students who have been doing Study Hall virtually should plan to be in class in person the day they will trade-in their iPad (see the schedule below). More information about make-up times for students who miss their swap time will be made available at a later date.
All students have recieved information in Schoology about how to back-up their iPad so that they don’t lose any important documents they may have saved locally to their current iPad. Students will turn in their iPad, charger and cord (if it is functional). If students do not turn in their charger, they will not get a new charger and cord. The new chargers are 12W chargers (just like the old ones), but they have a USB-C connection. Their old chargers and cords will work with the new iPads. After backing-up their iPad students should sign out of iCloud before turning in their iPad. Make sure you bring your iPad charged at least half way each day while this swap is taking place.
- Wednesday, May 5: Mrs. Adams block 1 – 4 Study Halls
- Thursday, May 6: Mrs. Adams block 5 – 8 Study Halls
- Friday, May 7: Juniors iPad swap (see schedule below)
- Monday, May 10: Mrs. Tammy block 1 – 4 Study Hall
- Tuesday, May 11: Mrs. Tammy block 5 – 8 Study Hall
- Wednesday, May 12: Ms. Pernas block 3, Ms. Mitchell and Ms. Ferguson block 4 Study Halls
- Thursday, May 13: Mrs. Frank and Munnelly block 5 Study Hall
- Friday, May 14: Senior iPad turn-in
- Friday, May 21: LaunchEd and SVVSD Virtual students unable to come into the school building. Write your account name (ie studen.joseph13) and student number (ie 123456) on a piece of paper to bring with you and see schedule below.
Juniors will swap their iPad on Friday, May 7th and LaunchEd and SVVSD Virtual students will swap their iPads on Friday, May 21st according to the following schedule based on the first letter of the students’ last name:
- 8 – 8:30: A – B
- 8:30 – 9:00: C – D
- 9 – 9:30: E – F
- 9:30 – 10:00: G – I
- 10 – 10:30: J – L
- 10:30 – 11:00: M – N
- 11:30 – 12:00 O – P
- 12 – 12:30: Q – R
- 12:30 – 1:00: S
- 1 – 1:30: T – U
- 1:30 – 2:00: V – W
- 2 – 2:30: X – Z
Stay tuned for make-up times for students who are not at school when they are supposed to trade-in their iPad.